The work of the ACFF relies completely on a committed team of supporters around the world. Each Chapter is supported locally by practitioner groups, universities, public health organisations and more, as well as by the commitment of its individual members.
At a Global level, the ACFF is grateful to the following organisations for their continued support in our mission.
King’s College London is one of the top 30 universities in the world (2012-13 QS international world rankings) and the fourth oldest in England. A research-led university based in the heart of London, King’s has more than 25,000 students (of whom more than 10,000 are graduate students) from nearly 140 countries, and more than 6,500 employees.
The Faculty of Dental, Oral and Craniofacial Sciences is the largest, most influential centre of excellence in the UK for oral and dental research, with an outstanding record for quality assurance in learning and teaching. The Faculty (FODOCS) is one of the top five centres of excellence for dental education, research and oral healthcare provision in the world. The ACFF sits within the Dental Innovation and Translation Hub within FODOCS. The purpose of the Hub is to spearhead a new focus on dental innovation and the translation of research into clinical practice, public policy, and new products in order to improve health and healthcare.
The Global Collaboratory for Caries Management
The Global Collaboratory for Caries Management, led by King’s College London and its International Partners, now provides an “umbrella” under which the work of CariesCare International, the ICDAS Foundation and the Alliance for a Cavity-Free Future (ACFF) can come together synergistically to make a difference in caries prevention and management.
The Alliance has an excellent relationship with the International Association of Paediatric Dentistry (IAPD). The IAPD holds a seat on the ACFF Global Expert Panel and shares its expertise in promoting children’s oral health throughout the world.
The International Association of Dental Students is the only worldwide association for dental students comprising more than 200,000 members from more than 40 countries. The association was formed in 1951 to unite dental students globally and allow them to exchange knowledge and experiences about dentistry on an international level. The group advocates for good oral health globally and became involved with the ACFF in 2017, with a view to collaborating on research and promotion.
The International Federation of Dental Hygienists (IFDH) became a partner with the Alliance in 2015 in formal recognition of the shared goals and mission of the ACFF and the need for a global strategy to eliminate dental caries. The IFDH has presented on behalf of the Alliance in addition to sharing Alliance resources and tools with their broader membership and is represented on the ACFF Global Expert Panel.
The ACFF would also like to say a special thanks to all our local partners and link organisations, and to the events at which we have been supported and hosted over the years, including, but not limited to the following:
- ADM Foundation
- Association for Dental Education in Europe
- Association of Nigerian Dental Deans
- Australian Dental and Oral Health Therapists’ Association
- Bangladesh Association for Oral Health Promotion and Disease Prevention (BAFOHPP)
- Brazilian Dental Association,
- Brazilian Education Dental Association
- Brazilian Federal Council,
- Brazilian Pediatric Dental Association,
- Brazilian Preventive Dentistry Association
- Children’s Dental Health Project
- Collège National des Enseignants en Odontologie Conservatrice
- Colombian National Dental Schools’ Association (ACFO)
- Czech Association of Paediatric Dentistry
- Dental Association of Attica
- Dental Association of Thailand
- Dental Hygienists Association of Australia
- European Academy of Paediatric Dentistry
- European Association for Dental Public Health
- European Dental Hygienists Federation
- European Dental Students Association
- FDI World Dental Federation
- Greek Dental Association
- Indian Association of Public Health Dentistry-Delhi Chapter
- Indian Dental Association International Association for Dental Research
- International College Of Dentists- Indian Chapter
- Malaysian Association of Public Health Specialists
- Malaysian Dental Association
- Malaysian Ministry of Health,
- Mexican Dental Association
- National University Medical Centre Malaysia
- Nigerian Dental Association
- Oral Health Association of South Africa
- Philippine Association of Dental Colleges
- Philippine Pediatric Dental Society
- Platform for Better Oral Health in Europe
- Santé Orale, Handicap, Dépendance Et Vulnérabilité
- São Paulo Dental Association
- Turkish Dental Association
- UAE International Dental Conference & Arab Dental Exhibition
- Union Francaise pour la Santé Bucco-Dentaire
The work of the ACFF is supported globally by a foundation grant from Colgate-Palmolive.
Colgate-Palmolive Company is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world. Over several decades, Colgate has had a strong commitment to providing oral health education programs, such as Colgate’s Bright Smiles, Bright Futures program, which reaches millions of children teaching proper oral health messages around the world.